A rift between the Royal Family and the BBC which saw Prince William reportedly ban them from showing this year's Christmas televised carol service may not heal anytime soon, sources have claimed.
Rival channel ITV have now been given the show instead, which is expected to have the Duchess of Cambridge on hosting duties.
The move came after the BBC aired the first of two parts of The Princes and the Press on Monday.
The Amol Rajan documentary has apparently left the royals raging after it sensationally claimed that William had briefed the press against Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.
And now the Mail Online reports that lingering bad feeling and the public broadcaster's refusal to apologise means the Prince is 'seriously considering' whether future projects should be offered to them.
The source said: "It’s fair to say that while the response to what has happened is being driven by the duke, there is complete unity among all three royal households.
"You really couldn’t get a cigarette paper between them. There is a serious issue of integrity at stake here."
It is also claimed that William's disapproval with the Beeb had grown since details emerged earlier this year of the misconduct involved in Martin Bashir's 1995 Panorama interview with Diana, Princess of Wales.
An investigation discovered that he had used mocked-up bank statements to secure the interview with the late princess.
The BBC has apologised for his use of the statements, but has insisted they played "no part in her decision to take part in the interview".
Responding to the growing controversy around this week's documentary, BBC chairman Richard Sharp said this week said that they approached relationships with the Royal with "great care and thought" and had "tremendous respect" for the institution, but stood by the production team involved in the making of the show.
For the latest breaking news and stories from across the globe from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here.
Source: Read Full Article