A woman ended up in hospital after suffering a horrific allergic reaction to getting her eyebrows tinted.
Megan Francis, 23, says she was in excruciating pain after having them threaded and coloured.
The mum-of-two started to worry about the cosmetic procedure when she experienced an “intense burning sensation” in her brows and face.
READ MORE: Mystery symbol on sole of Meghan Markle's shoe explained as fans left confused
Three days later, her face had swollen so severely that she was unable to see and had to go to hospital.
Megan’s eyebrow appointment took half an hour, but her allergic reaction was so severe that it took nearly a month to heal, she said.
She added: “It felt as though my face was cooking.
“It was so painful and so scary. I had no idea what was happening to me.
“My mum gets her eyebrows tinted and threaded all the time, so I assumed it would be fine. It left me really shaken.”
Megan claims that prior to the appointment, at a Superdrug store, the beautician who tinted her eyebrows did not ask any questions or do a patch test.
She claimed: “It felt really rushed. They sat me down and started straight away, without asking any questions or checking that I wasn’t allergic.” In the days following the appointment, Megan’s face swelled so dramatically it scared her young children.
She said: “The girls were so worried about me, they couldn’t understand what had happened to my face.
“They were so distressed at nursery that their teachers called me to find out what was happening.
“It was so frightening when it started to affect my vision. I was worried that I might go blind.”
Megan was eventually taken to A&E, where she was given strong antibiotics and creams to soothe the burning.
Megan, from Telford, Shropshire, spent a day in hospital before being able to return home to recover.
Superdrug said they are no longer working with the supplier who performed Megan’s treatment.
A spokesman for the retailer added: “We would like to reassure our customers that all beauty therapists that work with Superdrug are fully qualified across all of the treatments that we offer.”
For the latest breaking news and stories from across the globe from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here .
- Doctor explains what King Charles' red and swollen fingers say about his health
- 'I had breast reduction surgery but my boobs have grown back 10 times bigger'
- Unlucky boy loses fingers after train runs him over following fall from platform
- Benefits mum spent £22k in 'massive' spree after cash paid into bank by mistake
- Lottery winner suffers tragic curse after £13m turns home into drug den
Source: Read Full Article