Buckingham Palace and Meghan Markle are now “permanently trapped” in the “never-ending story” of bullying, claims one royal expert.
It emerged this week that a report into the allegations commissioned by the Queen won’t be made public.
Daniela Elser, writing for News.com.au, said: “Somewhere in the royal household right now is one of the most contentious documents ever produced for the Queen – and a report which will now never see the light of day.
READ MORE: William was born 'knowing his job' as Harry 'struggled to find purpose' – expert
“But what might at first look like Team Windsor sensibly tamping down a spark which could reignite hostilities with the rebellious duo is in fact a more loaded and potentially explosive move.”
The inquiry was launched last year following a series of bombshell claims.
It started when Prince Harry and wife Meghan gave their stunning interview to Oprah, in which they said there was racism within the royal household.
But counter-claims then emerged, accusing Meghan of being a bully. The Sussexes said the allegations were part of “a calculated smear campaign”, and Meghan has consistently and vehemently denied them.
It all led to Buckingham Palace hiring an outside law firm to look into the matter.
However, this week the Sunday Times said the report had been “buried” in a bid “to limit tensions between the Sussexes and the palace”.
Daniela wrote: “Outwardly this looks like the mature play on the part of the Queen here. Why stoke the flames and drag this particular business back into the spotlight?
For the latest breaking news from the Royal Family and stories from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here.
“Better to tidy it away to preserve what is left of the frayed ties between London and Montecito.
“But whether intentionally or not, in keeping schtum about whatever conclusions the lawyers have come to, Her Majesty has in fact done her granddaughter-in-law a disservice and damned Meghan.”
Daniela said she believed that “the shadows of these claims will now follow her in perpetuity [and] the bottom line is that both the Palace and Meghan are now permanently trapped in this never-ending story”.
Buckingham Palace has been approached for comment.
William had 'stable environment from Middletons that he didn't have growing up'
Teen who fell to his death at theme park was 100 pounds too heavy for ride
Putin's 'lover' buys two top secret mansions to avoid Ukraine war sanctions
Prince Harry and Meghan may ‘relinquish titles’ following Jubilee, says expert
Royal fans gush over video of Queen chasing mischievous Prince William as child
Source: Read Full Article