Don’t miss a thing! Sign up to the Daily Star’s newsletter
We have more newsletters
A bloke has been left livid after a Liverpool apartment he booked months ago was cancelled the day after it was announced the city was hosting Eurovision.
Connor Gregory took to Twitter to accuse the owner of the luxurious apartment of "price gouging" after the property he paid just £200 for was re-advertised online for more than £20,000.
"And the cancellations start, booked this way back in May/June, too good to be true," tweeted the flight attendant who admits to having "an unhealthy obsession with Eurovision".
READ MORE: US soldier describes 'utter chaos' of fighting in Ukraine was 'like a video game'
Connor shared screenshots of messages he was sent by the venue via Booking.com just hours after Liverpool was announced as the host city of the 2023 international song contest, beating off rival Glasgow.
A message from "Kaye" said: "We are excited on your stay. However the property will no longer be available on this dates, apologies. Please accept the cancellation request to receive the full refund".
Connor replied: "Sorry but I've already booked this? How's that possible?"
A further message, this time from "Catherine", said: "Apologies, it's error on booking calendar."
He responded saying: "No it's not. I'd rather you just said its because one of the biggest music events in the world is coming to Liverpool and you want more money as prices have shot up.
"Please just be honest and I'd be alright with it."
Connor tweeted later to show how the apartment he paid £200 to stay in from May 12 to May 15 was "unavailable" but was available for five nights from May 15 for a whopping £20,295.
Liverpool will welcome thousands of people from around the world, after the United Kingdom was chosen as the host country on behalf of Ukraine – who won the contest last year.
Accommodation prices rose astronomically after the announcement and rooms have now all but completely sold out.
Major incident declared after 'suspicious packages' found at football pub
To stay up to date with all the latest news, make sure you sign up to one of our newslettershere.
"From £200 when I originally booked, she is now wanting over £20k, what a lovely classy lady, trust you will be dealt with," Conor tweeted.
He said he spoke to Booking.com, who he booked the apartment with, who reportedly told him if he doesn't cancel voluntarily the stay will still be available to him.
"They have confirmed it’s still mine and they are filing a complaint because of their behaviour and will take ‘proper action against them’," he said.
He continued: "Let this be a lesson to her to not price gouge, hope she enjoys her investigation coming her way."
Booking.com have been contacted for comment.
EXCLUSIVE: World close to using horror nukes that would turn people to crisp, expert claims
Moment Russia dropped world's biggest bomb – 3000x more powerful than Hiroshima
- 'Heartbreakingly sad' Prince George checks dad William is OK at Queen's funeral
- Queen's choirboy mocked on Twitter after unfortunate photo of 'big moment'
- Meghan Markle and Kate Middleton 'don't interact' and 'look other way' at Queen's funeral
- Eurovision Song Contest
Source: Read Full Article