‘Abused’ boy called ‘devil child’ and ‘little f***’ by stepmum before ‘murder’

A stepmum called a six-year-old boy a "little f**k" and a "devil child" in text messages before she brutally murdered him, a court has heard.

Tragic Arthur Labinjo-Hughes, six, allegedly suffered "unsurvivable brain injuries" after he was abused by father Thomas Hughes, 29, and his partner Emma Tustin, 32.

The couple reportedly traded texts leading up to the young boy's brutal death in Solihull, West Midlands, detailing the alleged abuse young Arthur suffered, The Sun reports.

In texts read out to jurors, 32-year-old Tustin referred to Arthur as a "little p***k" and a "little f***".

The jurors heard the disturbing texts where she explained to Hughes that Arthur was "screaming" and demanding he was able to go to his grandmother's home.

"I want you but not him. I'm not being treated like that by him," Tustin said in one text.

Another text read: "You stay with the devil child."

The dad also sent messages to Tustin where he compares his young son to "f****** Hitler" and threatens to "take his jaw off his shoulders".

Audio clips were also played in court that Tustin allegedly recorded of Arthur sobbing while being abused.

In another disturbing clip, the young boy can be heard weeping: "Daddy's going to throw me out the window, daddy's going to throw me out the window, daddy's going to throw me out of the window."

The tragic little boy was allegedly deprived of a bed, food and clothing and was subjected to a "campaign of cruelty" before his death, it is said.

His injuries reportedly matched the "medical definition of child torture".

The six-year-old was allegedly "segregated and isolated" for "up to 14 hours a day".

Emergency services found the youngster unresponsive in his family home in Solihull, West Midlands, on June 16 last year and he tragically died in hospital the following day.

A post-mortem examination found his cause of death as a "head trauma inflicted on him by an adult" which was consistent with "his head banged repeatedly against a hard surface".

Doctors also reportedly discovered he had been "poisoned with salt".

It was also revealed to the court that Tustin recorded more than 22 pictures and videos of Arthur in distress.

She allegedly carried out the assault and then grabbed her phone to film the boy as he lay dying in the hallway.

Prosecutors claim she took 12 minutes to call 999 despite holding her phone, telling medics that Arthur had fallen and banged his head and "while on the floor banged his head another five times".

On the first day of the trial, Tustin admitted child cruelty by ill-treating Arthur on multiple occasions by "forcing him to stand, isolating him within the family home, and physically or verbally intimidating him".

Hughes denies a similar charge.

Hughes and Tustin also face an allegation of child cruelty by administering salt to Arthur between June 1 and 17 last year.

Both are also accused of two counts of child cruelty by assault on multiple occasions and also by withholding food and/or drink.

Hughes, of Stroud Road, and Tustin, of Cranmore Road, who are also accused of murder, deny the charges and the trial continues.

For the latest breaking news stories and incredible tales from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here.

Source: Read Full Article