Colorado hospitals this week admitted the fewest COVID-19 patients since state health officials began tracking new coronavirus admissions in early April, a promising sign that comes as testing rates reached new heights.
As of Thursday, there have been 4,254 people hospitalized since the outbreak was confirmed in the state in early March, though only 335 people were hospitalized with symptoms of the illness as of Thursday afternoon, state data shows. That’s the lowest level of hospitalizations since March 29, when 332 people were in the hospital for COVID-19.
Denver Public Schools offered the first glimpse Thursday of what its fall semester may look like, outlining new COVID-19 safety protocols that include smaller class sizes, daily health checks and a likely requirement that all students and staff wear masks while at school.
Colorado’s prison system let out 290 inmates over two months under the governor’s executive order relaxing standards for release — less than 2% of the system’s pre-pandemic population and far less than hoped by advocates working to protect prisoners from COVID-19.
Throughout the day, we will share the latest coverage from Denver Post journalists on the coronavirus outbreak on this page. Also, bear in mind The Denver Post relies on support from its readers to provide this in-depth coverage of the coronavirus outbreak, so please consider buying a subscription if you haven’t already.
Here are the updates from May 28.
- Colorado Democrats’ gun reform agenda is latest COVID casualty
- Metro-area leaders discuss ways of getting through “muddled middle” of pandemic recovery in Colorado
- With guidelines still murky, Colorado bars, breweries start reopening along with restaurants
- Denver Center for Performing Arts cancels entire 2020-21 Theatre Company season
- National Guard pulling out of Denver homeless shelters
- Antibody tests in Aspen and Telluride were hailed as a way to end lockdowns. Instead, they caused confusion.
- These Colorado grocery stores, retail outlets and restaurants have coronavirus outbreaks
- More symptoms, no slam-dunk drugs: What we now know — and still don’t know — about the coronavirus
- These Colorado cities and counties require masks be worn in public places
- These Colorado counties have extended their stay-at-home orders
- Frequently asked questions about coronavirus in Colorado
- Coronavirus timeline: An in-depth look at COVID-19 in Colorado
- Colorado coronavirus map: Where are cases being reported?
- Colorado unemployment FAQ: How to apply, details about missing PINs and more
- Do I have the coronavirus? Here’s what to do if you’re not sure.
- Colorado coronavirus housing FAQ: Resources for renters and homeowners
- How social distancing works and what it means for you
- Inside Colorado’s growing anti-shutdown movement
Join our Facebook group for the latest updates on coronavirus in Colorado.
Source: Read Full Article