To better understand what was happening as nursing facilities across Colorado closed their doors, The Denver Post interviewed a half-dozen families who lost a loved one at Fairacres Manor at the height of the pandemic — at least two of them from COVID-19 — as well as members of the home’s staff and medical professionals.
Their accounts together show the frantic efforts taken to combat one of the earliest outbreaks among scores that occurred in facilities invaded by the virus in Colorado. Read more from Jon Murray and David Migoya…
RELATED: Coronavirus outbreaks at Colorado nursing homes spurred emergency push to inspect all of them
Yesterday, Gov. Jared Polis cautioned that Colorado could see the number of new coronavirus cases — which so far remain relatively low — increase significantly as is happening in neighboring states.
The governor repeatedly urged Coloradans to continue to follow public health guidelines, such as wearing a mask and social distancing in public, citing the need for “personal responsibility” as the state moves to its next phase of reopening, which could soon allow larger events. Read more from Jessica Seaman…
- A nursing home ravaged: Coronavirus pushed facility to limit as it preyed on Colorado’s most vulnerable
- Coronavirus outbreaks at Colorado nursing homes spurred emergency push to inspect all of them
- Gov. Jared Polis warns Colorado could see increase in coronavirus cases similar to neighboring states
- Dog parks, DMV set to reopen in Denver as city cautiously emerges from COVID-19
- CU budget takes $250M hit as costs of coronavirus continue to add up
- Denver’s free COVID-19 testing at Pepsi Center now open to anyone who may have been exposed
- Colorado coronavirus data tracker: Where are cases being reported?
- More symptoms, no slam-dunk drugs: What we now know — and still don’t know — about the coronavirus
- Frequently asked questions about coronavirus in Colorado
- Coronavirus timeline: An in-depth look at COVID-19 in Colorado
- Colorado unemployment FAQ: How to apply, details about missing PINs and more
- Do I have the coronavirus? Here’s what to do if you’re not sure.
- Colorado coronavirus housing FAQ: Resources for renters and homeowners
- How social distancing works and what it means for you
Join our Facebook group for the latest updates on coronavirus in Colorado.
Source: Read Full Article