WealthBT Ep 6: How do you juggle multiple financial goals?
Synopsis: Learn to protect and grow your wealth in this monthly Business Times podcast series for affluent individuals, hosted by BT wealth editor Genevieve Cua.
In this sixth episode of WealthBT, brought to you by Ascend by Prudential, wealth editor Genevieve Cua speaks to Angeline Alexander, Prudential’s head of high net worth and affluent segments, about how to balance multiple financial goals.
Highlights of the conversation:
1. The top three financial goals (1:27)
2. It helps to clearly define your goals; and take into consideration your budget, current commitments and the time horizon for your goals (2:46)
3. The impact of Covid on financial objectives: It’s a good time to step back and re-look expenses and priorities (3:25)
4. Review plans regularly to cover contingencies (4:02)
5. Take a look at your budget and discretionary spending (5:00)
6. Investing for multiple goals: Similar goals and strategies may be grouped into a single portfolio (6:41)
7. How relevant are endowment plans in today’s low-rate environment (7:35)
8. Wealth transfer planning: Pandemic makes clear we should be prepared for the unexpected (9:45)
Listen to Pt 1: Longevity + financial planning = win-win plan for you.
Find out more about Ascend by Prudential: www.prudential.com.sg/ascend
Get in touch with Ascend: www.prudential.com.sg/AscendBusinessTimes
Produced by: Genevieve Cua ([email protected]), Ernest Luis, Lee Kim Siang
Edited by: Howie Lim
Follow Wealth BT podcasts and rate us at:
Apple Podcasts: http://bt.sg/wbAP
Feedback to: [email protected]
Do note: Any financial or investment information in this podcast is for use in Singapore only and is intended to be for your general information. Any particular investment or decision should only be made after consulting with a fully qualified financial adviser. This podcast is for your information only and does not consider your specific investment objectives, financial situation or needs.
Discover more BT podcast series:
BT Money Hacks Podcast at: https://bt.sg/btmoneyhacks
BT Mark To Market Podcast at: http://bt.sg/btmark2mkt
BT Podcasts at: http://bt.sg/podcasts
Join ST’s Telegram channel here and get the latest breaking news delivered to you.
Source: Read Full Article